Chicago or Forest Park Office | Part Time
About The Company:
GoodFolk is a full-service digital media agency based out of Chicago that specializes in the design, development, and marketing of cutting-edge web and mobile applications. We work with a wide range of clients ranging from local businesses to venture-funded startups and Fortune 500 companies. In addition, we have a robust commitment to doing good works and consistently dedicate a portion of our resources to charitable/pro bono projects.
About The role:
To start out, the office administrator job will be pretty straightforward accounts receivable and bookkeeping - reconciling bank accounts, recording payments, sending invoices, following up on collections, etc. But, for the right person, there is an opportunity for the job to expand into a larger mandate of working both internally and with our clients to help us keep all our workflows, documents, and reporting organized and on time.
The job will require ~25 hours/week of time working out of our Forest Park office with the potential to work from home down the line. The exact schedule can be flexible as long as we can nail down concrete times during the workday.
- Record day-to-day financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day-book, suppliers ledger, customer ledger, and general ledger
- Bring the books to the trial balance stage
- Provide financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis (P&L, etc.)
- Process accounts receivable/payable in a timely manner
- Work with sales and account teams to handle contracts workflow and record keeping
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Background as a paralegal or similar is ideal, but not required
Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. GoodFolk LLC is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer.